BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 21, 2011

here goes nothing...

I have attempted to write a blog like 928742 times before (and realistically, I mean twice).

I'm hoping that by sharing this with more people I can help keep myself accountable to keep this thing updated and relevant to me and to readers.

I wanted to start restart a blog for a few reasons:

1) I had an English professor tell me this semester that I am very creative and that I am a very good writer but I have trouble combining the two.  So, I'm essentially taking the first step to "creative writing" since I'm an English Education major.

2) I have been struggling lately with self image.  I am not "overweight" and I am not "ugly" but for some reason, it's really been an issue for me in the past month or so.  I have been struggling to find the balance between these two Bible verses:

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:14

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, 
Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your 
body to give glory back to God..."  
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I need to reach the point where I recognize that God has made me a beautiful woman but because I was made by Him and for Him, I need to respect my body by taking care of it!  My goal is to lose 15 lbs. by August 1st and I am fully confident that I can do it!

3) I really like sharing stories and most of all sharing pictures so I really look forward to expressing myself through writing- it's certainly a new challenge and I'm excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment