BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 17, 2012

cooler craze

I have been on a cooler painting kick lately- I have several trips to the lake and the beach coming up so why not?! My brother Banks graduates from high school next weekend! That's crazy! I remember when he used to look like this:

love this kid
Anyways, cooler painting is super cheap and extra personal, once you actually purchase your cooler!  I already had all the acrylic paint and brushes but I decided to purchase some paint pens and that made a WORLD of difference.  Please please invest in some if you decide to do this!  Also, have a lot of Clorox wipes on hand- if you mess up, the acrylic paint comes off with one wipe.

I painted one for Banks to get him started on his freshman year at Auburn- Congrats, Banks!



the cooler was originally red and Wally World was
out of navy blue paint so I had to mix my own, then
paint the whole cooler!
the first layer of my tiger eyes... it was quite
a process!

ta-da!  I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out!

...and the other side
There is a pretty snazzy Vineyard Vines logo on the back but I didn't take a picture of it. 

I had to stick this on the inside of the cooler to remind him who's boss!


No comments:

Post a Comment