BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

mum's the word

"As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you"
Isaiah 66:13a
I have the best mom in the whole world and I like to bake, so here's my precious combination of the two:


Mums for your Mum cupcakes

The ingredients are really cheap and easy but they are pretty time consuming so plan for that: 
40 minutes to prepare cupcakes, bake, cool and frost
5-7 minutes to decorate each cupcake

see? so easy... the Sanding Sugar was the most expensive
and it was $5.98 for 6 colors!
Step 1: make your cupcakes (duh). 





Step 2: prepare your marshmallows.  Cut them diagonally so that they eventually look like petals for your mums.






Step 3: let your cupcakes cool and frost them.


we aren't going for "pretty frosting" here, it's just about
even coverage :)
Step 5: place the sticky side of your marshmallow in the sanding sugar and begin to line the outside of your cupcake. 




continue this step until you have reached the center of your cupcake, add some detail in the center aaaaaaaand you have a Mum!












Personally, I think it's a big step up from this precious plate that still hangs in our kitchen:



Happy Mother's Day!  I hope all of my favorite mothers enjoyed their very special day! You are so loved and so appreciated, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment