BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 16, 2011

surprises

"A joyful heart is good medicine"
Proverbs 17:22a

Precious Anna's 20th birthday is May 17th, which is why sweet Lauren and I decided to drive all the way to Jasper, GA, to surprise her a whole week before her big day... she never saw it coming!

We called her mama that morning to try set up our sneaky plan and when we arrived, Anna was already out of the house, so we decided to set up and decorate!









So we waited...... and waited.... and waited for Anna to show up.  Finally, she did!





It was so much fun seeing her face as she was COMPLETELY shocked (kudos, Miss Sandy, on keeping it a surprise!) 

Lauren was in charge of dinner and I was in charge of dessert, and I think it was a hilarious success.

Homemade Sushi for dinner!



















this was the best one, made by the
birthday girl!
After dinner (which wasn't a huge success, but it was deliciously entertaining), we made RainbowCakeInAJar for dessert.  Once I perfect the recipe, I'll post all of the destructions on here so that you can have super cute cakeinajar, too!  Tell me if that's not making your tummy rumble right now...


































After dinner and dessert we watched "Life as We Know It", that Katherine Heigl movie where she is awkward and quirky but then the unexpected guy swoops in and then they live happily ever after.  There's a baby in there somewhere...

In between all of this filling food and cheesy movies, we played with Anna's ADORABLE new guide-dog-in-training-puppy.  Meet Robbie:
















Precious, right?! The dog's not too bad, either! :)

These girls have been my sweet sweet friends since middle school and we haven't lost contact.  Though we only see each other a few times a year, it's always entertaining and always warms my heart.  These ladies are so precious to me and I thank the Lord every time I spend time with friends like Anna and Lauren!

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with your blog. Looking forward to our adventures when we visit each other! love you!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete