BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

patriotic pops

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday, hands down.  No presents, no serious family get togethers, just some fab food and fun people and lots of fireworks (I have a weird affinity for fireworks...).

In spirit of this weekend, Miss Audrey Coots and I attempted Cake Pops.  I've had the book for awhile and always sort of put it off but now that I had a decent first run I'll know what to change for next time! They turned out OK but here's what I learned:

1) When it comes to frosting, more is more but don't over do it- ours turned out a little too frosting-y
2) Melt the chocolate down more than you think you need to, we had a REALLY thick coating outside of the cake and it was a little hard to work with
3) Use actual Wilton piping bags to decorate rather than Ziploc bags...

We used Bakerella's recipe and they were DELICIOUS.  Funfetti cake and icing were the perfect consistency and I probably ate half of them!





Come visit me in Tuscaloosa and I'll make you some more- I'm now addicted to making these precious treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment