BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 6, 2011

delay of game

So I had the best intentions of posting this a loooong time ago, but this little blog of mine is way down on the bottom of my Priorities Totem Pole.

Here's an update on my life:

I'm in the middle of one of my student-teaching semesters (first of three...)!  I'm at a local Catholic High School with eleventh grade students.  From what I've heard about others' experiences in other schools, I'm livin' the dream and it's awesome.  Very fulfilling and rewarding! More to come about being a pseudo-Catholic...
The Homecoming Parade........ I know.



Threw Mama a surprise party for her 28th birthday... Never saw it coming!


It was a "Hat Party"... So Susan-ish
I just finished my service learning hours at a local Middle School where I had lunch twice a week with an ELL 7th grader and she was PRECIOUS.  She taught me a lot of Spanish and was really impressed that I could keep up with her when she spoke Spanish (take that, SeƱora Cordell...).  Her English was perfect but she has a sad backstory so please pray for her family and home life, she is so amazing!

Our office just had a bonding night/Harvest Par-tay, more from that later because the cupcakes were too cute not to share the recipe!
We are a silly bunch
I just got back from a trip to beautiful Laramie, Wyoming, to see my sweet friend Sarah!  More pictures are on Facebook, but I promise they don't do it justice!
Vedauwoo Park

Flying over the Rockies
just one of the natives
Alabama is now 8-1 after a pathetic loss to LSU last night... the game was a blast though, I couldn't have asked for more (except maybe a better kicker)!  Our day started on the quad with a crazy man in a wheel chair who invited us to some hoity-toity tailgate with an open bar (yes, please!), then we went to stand in line to get in, only to find out that our friend got in the game 15 minutes before the gate opened so we didn't have to stand with all the crazy people! Then, we had a friend bring us free drinks while we were outside of the stadium and concluded the day with some hilarious people commentating the whole game.  AWESOME.  Win or lose, we will always win the party!

precious.

priorities, people.
Now that you know all about me, here's my final Halloween craft! I only posted projects two on here, but my room was full of hot glue, fabric, etc. because I just love Halloween!  I also love sale prices so November 1st my Halloween stash doubled- $57 later and I'm set for next year!

This Halloween-y Wreath Cost me $3.  For Real.  Everything came from the Dollar Store and the structure of the wreath was just a wire hanger...

all my cheap-o materials

ta-da! 

seriously the best part of any holiday... am I right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment