BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Did you find this on Pinterest?"

No.

I don't know how to work that thing so someone's going to need to show me what's up over Christmas break.  I do, however, still use StumbleUpon and it works just fine, thank you very much!

I went to Athens this past, past, past weekend to see literally all of my favorite people in one place- what a blessing to be surrounded by such encouraging and hilarious friends! I love you all more than you know!  Anyways, I figured I needed a host/hostess gift for everyone we visited but it ended up sitting in Chris' kitchen all weekend.  I'm so glad he got to enjoy the majority of it because it was DELICIOUS.

Just picture this:  Brownies, on top of Oreos on top of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  It's the most appropriate threesome EVER.

layer 1


layer 2

layer 3

it was so thick, it needed 2 pans!

seriously, it was amazing!

Here's the recipe (which I don't feel bad stealing because literally everyone I talked to about this recipe asked if I saw it on Pinterest, so apparently it's pretty common...)

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreos
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
1/4 cup hot fudge topping


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well to thoroughly combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly incorporate into the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish that’s been lined with wax paper and sprayed with cooking spray. Top with a layer of Oreos. Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes.
this specific recipe found here!

Also, meet my new best friend, Marsha the Mixer:




She was found at a garage sale and then, coincidentally, sat in a garage (ours...) for a long time and now she is mine and I LOVE her.

Welcome to the fam, Marsha!

No comments:

Post a Comment