BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 3, 2011

catholic school muffins

As this semester is coming to a close, I am finally finished with my student teaching at the Catholic School! Wahoo! I do miss those kiddies, but I don't miss my free time.  8 hours of school + 5-6 hours of class + endless hours of work = a really long day and a really tired Katharine.

For my last day of school, I decided to make Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins for the Teacher's Lounge!  They were so delicious and I was hoping that, by handing them to my teacher with my grading forms, it would ensure an A!

The good news - I got a perfect score on all of my evaluations!
The bad news - It was "Bring Breakfast to Work Day"for the faculty, so my muffins were not the hit of the party haha!



Here's the recipe from Eat at Home:


2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cups sour cream or plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups. In a mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the sour cream or yogurt and the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, just until moistened. Stir in the blueberries and divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

I have a closet full of unfinished projects right now, so expect something creative soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment